This is probably your most important contact point for help with using computing and audio visual equipment and software. Contact the Service Desk
- To request the services listed in this catalogue
- To report and get help with resolving problems with these service
- To answer general queries in relation to the University ICT facilities
An attempt is always made to resolve your issue or requirement at this first port of call. When necessary other specialist groups within ISS will be engaged.
So questions such as:-
- My PC is not working, slow etc…
- I cannot access my account – can’t login
- The printer or my personal printer isn’t working
- I want to get hold of a piece of software
- How do I get an account
- The podium in lecture theatre X is not working
- I need to set up and equip a classroom for a new coursE
- I need to get some specialist Apple Mac support
- I need to hold a conference with another university
- I would like some advice on procuring some e-learning materials for a course I’m giving
… and many more are directed to this first stop service.
The University Service Desk may be contacted by :-
|Phone||ext 4444, or 0207 1334444 if calling externallyPhone support is available 24/7 and 365 days a year. Out-of-Hours phone support is provided by the NorMAN Out-of-Hours service hosted by Northumbria University. This operates from 17:00 each evening through to 9:00 the following morning from Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends and on public holidays. The telephone number is as above. The service can help with:
All calls will be logged and resolved and reported back to the IT Service Desk first thing each morning so that any unresolved issues can be picked up at as soon as possible.
Please note that out of hours support is only available by phone.
|Web||by logging into their self service web page and logging a call direct Service Desk|
The Web access allows you to login using your ICT Account ID and password and log a call directly to the support team. It also allows you to monitor all your logged calls regardless of the route you took to place them there. It also provides a FAQ and knowledge Base that you may interrogate to see if you can resolve the problem yourself.