Fastlaners is offering a free, intensive, two-week training programme for graduates who are seeking work. It aims to build confidence, widen networks and increase potential opportunities and was created to empower and prepare young graduates to make the crucial transition from education to employment.
It can help in the following ways:
* Practical skills: polish your interview skills, improve your job application techiques and learn how to shine at assessment centres.
* Develop self-awareness: learn about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and what might be holding you back.
* Soft skills: explore how to communicate with impact, improve general workplace know-how and increase your confidence
* Experiential learning:be prepared to learn by doing, through interactive sessions, site visits and getting out of your comfort zone.
* Access to professional networks: you’ll join a community of employers, speakers and mentors, from a wide range of sectors. Make useful connections and gain the confidence to engage people.
* Peer support: meet like-minded people who are also experiencing similar challenges and share with one another. Build your own powerful network.
Their aim is for you to leave the programme with increased skills, new contacts and networks, and the confidence in your ability to get where you want to be.
Applications for autumn 2010 are now open. The programme will run in September and October 2010.
To be eligible for one of these programmes you have to:
* have graduated within the last 5 years
* be able to commit full time for two weeks – either 6-17 September or 18-29 October.
Preference will be given to residents of Tower Hamlets and other East London boroughs. The programmes will be run in Canary Wharf, London.
For more information and to apply go to:
The closing date for the September programme is 5pm on 13 August and for the October programme 5pm on 1 October.