Whizz=Kidz have a range of placements and internships with some of the UK’s leading employers for wheelchair users at undergraduate level.
A typical placement is between one and two weeks, alhtough the service has been extended to include internships of varying lengths. The aim is to provide each participant with ” a real, live project” to work on, the opportunity to shadow staff and also to learn more about the host organisations.
Students must be:
* 25 years or younger
* Able to commute to workplace for the duration of the work experience
* Enthusiastic and motivated
Whizz-Kidz can provide:
* Assistance with transport
* Personal Assistants for any support needs
* A full risk assessment
* An introductory meeting with staff prior to placement
* Insurance cover
For more information on the programme contact Claire Smith, Work Placement Officer, on 02077986161 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org