Jessica’s story

Jessica Paddock joined the university as an undergraduate in September 2010 and we will be following Jess through her time at LondonMet.  Jess will be writing regularly for the Careers Blog every term and will keep us up to date on life as a student and in particular with her career planning activities 

Hi my name is Jessica.  I am thirty three years old and I have three children. Two girls 16yrs and 3yrs and a son of nine. I decided to enrol at London Met after many years of voluntary work within my local community. Raising my children alone did not leave a lot of time to develop myself but since my youngest started nursery I have beenvery busy with my new life of being a full time student which I have to say I’m loving!

I bravely applied as a mature student and was successfully accepted onto the Individual and Community Empowerment course (ICE Studies) I now have a placement working with an up and coming community project which is both challenging and rewarding. This role is highly beneficial to my course and the different modules aid my progress within my placement.

Upon starting university I was both excited and nervous, I can only liken it to my first day at school but after a term of finding my feet I am now really looking forward to rest of the course and having a focus which will improve my future. The workload I admit is rather heavy but with a little organisation and determination it can be achieved.

I found the university has lots to offer on a social level, I have had my first appointment with Careers Consultant Mrs Shauna Arnold and I am looking forward to attending the different events organised  by the Career Development & Employment Service and have also made new friends in my fellow students. So I can honestly say I am enjoying my studying experience!

Share
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Jessica’s story