Way to Win – the way forward!
A one day extravaganza of workshops, seminars and presentations designed to help you succeed in your search for the perfect job.
Events will include:
• Maximising your competitive edge to achieve your goals
• Competency based application forms – how to ensure that your application stands out in a crowd
• Presenting yourself with confidence – how to maximise your competitive edge
• The de-mystification of the assessment centre
• Using Twitter and social networking to access the hidden job market
• Job hunting: the alternative approach
• Starting your own business – the first steps to being your own boss
plus a host of other activities
To register for the event please email us at email@example.com
Participating organisations include: Reed, FDMGroup, Milkround.com and a whole lot more
Students should select one workshop from each of the following:
Workshop 1, 10.00 – 11.30
1) Mock Assessment Centre – a great way for students to look at assessment centres and the
skills required for success (please note, this is a double workshop and will finish at 1.00)
2) Social Networking – how to master the range of networking sites to obtain the best job
3) Understanding leadership – how can you demonstrate it in the workplace?
4) Presenting with confidence
Workshop 2, 11.30 – 1.00
1) How to get the most out of recruitment agencies
2) Teamwork skills for leaders
3) Placements – how can I get one and why does it help?
4) Completing competency based application forms with confidence.
12.30 – 1.00 Speed Networking – 3 minutes to impress.
LUNCH 1.00 – 2.00
Workshop 3, 2.00 – 3.00
1) Assessment Centres – what to expect from them and how to unravel the mystique.
2) How to get the most out of recruitment agencies
3) Effective Job Search Strategies
4) Employability – the game designed to raise awareness of your skills
Workshop 4, 3.00 – 4.00
1) Starting your Own Business – the first steps to being your own boss
2) Maximising your competitive edge: discover how to use words that will have impact and help you achieve your goals.
Please email your workshop selections to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries please phone Careers on 020 7320 2383
Programme notes are available by clicking here: