EAST LONDON BUSINESS ALLIANCE ELBA GRADUATE LOCAL EMPLOYMENT SCHEME (EaGLES) September 2012 – April 2013
Do you want to work in the City or Canary Wharf?
Have you recently graduated with a good degree?
Have you lived in Islington, Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest, Greenwich or Tower Hamlets for at least 5 years?
If you answered YES to all of the above then apply to join ELBA’s Graduate Programme.
EaGLES is a graduate programme with a difference. Designed for local graduates, we are looking for outstanding young people who are interested in a career in corporate community affairs and responsible business, and who are also keen to act as role models and ambassadors for the local community. EaGLES provides unique placement opportunities, where you will gain skills, knowledge and experience in community affairs. At the same time we will help you to put your knowledge of the borough to good use by helping to inform policy makers on local needs and issues.
What do we offer?
- 3 weeks’ intensive pre-placement training
- On-going sector specific training
- £12,000 p.a. pro rata training allowance
- A six month quality placement in the community affairs department of a major organisation. Placements include Credit Suisse, Freshfields, Hammerson, KPMG, Metropolitan Police, Nomura, Barclays, Centre of the Cell, ELBA and Allen & Overy
- Individual job search support at end of programme
What we need from you:
- An interest in working in community affairs within a business environment
- You have or expect to gain a good degree
- You are a long term resident of Islington or one of the 5 Olympic boroughs.
- A willingness to learn, adapt and work hard independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication, IT and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The desire and enthusiasm to be a role model in your local community along with the potential to bring about change
How can I find out more?
The application pack can be downloaded from our website:
For more information then please contact Shahid Choudhury on 0207 068 6960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is Friday 15 June 2012. Initial Interviews held on 22 June 2012
Induction morning Saturday, 23 June. Programme starts September 2012
There is no guarantee of a job on completion of the programme but careers support will be given.