Career Mentoring Programme Now Open!
Would you like to receive career guidance from a professional Mentor?
What is the Career Mentoring Programme?
The aim of the Career Mentoring Programme is to match business professionals with undergraduate and postgraduate students. The programme provides a great opportunity for students to gain an insight into the world of work from experienced professionals, who pass on their knowledge and advice to help students get where they want to be after their studies.
What are the benefits for Mentees?
- Discuss key industry trends and learn from an ‘insiders’ perspective
- Capitalise on networking opportunities from your mentor
- Explore possible career development
- Potential to obtain a professional character reference
- Greater opportunity of workplace visits, work shadowing and/or work experience
- Increased self confidence and professional etiquette
As a Mentee you gain:
- Support and guidance from a professional expert
- Insight into the world of work
The programme will run officially from November 2013 to April 2014 and it is expected that mentors and students will have a minimum of 5 interactions. At least two of these interactions must be in person, and additional interactions can continue to be face to face, over the telephone / Skype or an email conversation.
Gesa-Christin Meyer Zur Heyde took part in the previous mentoring programme, and was matched with a PR Marketing professional. She said: “My mentor gave me an invaluable professional advantage. She answered all my queries and fears and made me more confident in what I wanted to achieve”.“This is a great opportunity and should be available to more students. They will benefit so much from it.”
Interested? How do I apply?
Applications are now open. The deadline for applying is Friday 1st November
To find out more and to download an application form, visit the link https://intranet.londonmet.ac.uk/studentservices/careers/skills-networking/career-mentoring/career_mentoring_home.cfm