Would you like to receive career guidance from a professional Mentor?
What is the Career Mentoring Programme?
The aim of the Career Mentoring Programme is to match business professionals with undergraduate students. The programme provides a great opportunity for students to gain an insight into the world of work from experienced professionals, who pass on their knowledge and advice to help students get where they want to be after their studies.
What are the benefits for Mentees?
- Discuss key industry trends and learn from an ‘insiders’ perspective
- Capitalise on networking opportunities from your mentor
- Explore possible career development
- Potential to obtain a professional character reference
- Increased opportunity of workplace visits, work shadowing and/or work experience
- Improved self confidence and professional etiquette
As a Mentee you gain:
- Support and guidance from a professional expert
- Insight into the world of work
- Answers and directions tailored to your needs
The programme will run officially from November 2014 to March 2015 and it is expected that mentors and students will have a minimum of 5 interactions. At least two of these interactions must be in person, and additional interactions can continue to be face to face, over the telephone / Skype or an email conversation.
Gesa-Christin Meyer Zur Heyde took part in the previous mentoring programme, and was matched with a PR Marketing professional. She said:
“My mentor gave me an invaluable professional advantage. She answered all my queries and fears and made me more confident in what I wanted to achieve. This is a great opportunity and should be available to more students. They will benefit so much from it. I’m glad I took part in it” Meyer
Further information can be found on our Careers page
If interested in participating in the programme, please complete the form below
The Mentoring team