Urban Lawyers will be holding their next event ‘Life as a Trainee & How to fill In Training Contract Applications’ in conjunction with Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP from 17:30 – 20:15 on the 28th January 2015.
The event is aimed at increasing access to the legal profession..
The event will take place at Berwin Leighton Paisner, Adelaide House, London Bridge, London EC4R 9HA. It will include:
• An introduction from a BLP partner
• Insight into life as a trainee with a panel of trainees
• Skills session: Completing application forms and Q&A’s
• Networking drinks
Finally here is more information about Urban Lawyers:
Urban Lawyers is an organisation founded by Tunde Okewale of Doughty Street Chambers. Alongside Tunde, Urban Lawyers is managed by a team of dedicated volunteers.
What Urban Lawyers do:
• Events – Urban Lawyers host, facilitate and promote legal career events providing students with an opportunity to meet legal professionals and gain insights into the legal world.
• Workshops – Urban Lawyers deliver interactive workshops which engage and stimulate young people in discussions about their attitudes towards the law and the ever-changing policies in their local communities. The workshops we offer vary from legal career development workshops, to youth offenders’ workshops, to tailored workshops on specific offences and procedures.
• Research – Providing information about young people’s views and/or experiences of the criminal justice system.
• Curriculum – ‘Law in action’ is a set of courses with legal content which is available to be taught at schools and universities. It provides a simple and undiluted overview of the legal principles and theories that govern our society.
Anyone interested in attending should RSVP by email to info@UrbanLawyers.co.uk with the subject title ‘Life as a Trainee UL event’.