1) CV Surgery – Deadline to submit CVs is Monday 9th October 2017
In a competitive job market, your CV is your first chance to make a great impression on a potential employer. ELBA’s CV Surgery aims to help you to get past the first hurdle by reviewing your CV and providing you with valuable feedback on all the ways that can be improved.
· The CV Surgery project will get your CV checked by a business volunteer from one of ELBA’s corporate member companies (eg Citi, Credit Suisse) and you will receive a feedback report on your CV and find out what works well, find out about areas you can improve on your CV and perfect the master copy of your CV before you tailor it for a specific job
If you would like the opportunity to have feedback on your CV, please
a) email an updated copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format; adding the following subject field – ‘‘CV Surgery’’ to email@example.com
b) You will also need to ensure that the following information is included in the body of your email: Your Full Name Mobile Number Student ID number University Course and School
Unfortunately, CVs submitted without this information will not be considered. The spaces will be given on a first come first served basis.
2) Get your LinkedIn profile to a professional level
Deadline to submit profile: Monday 9th October 2017
· LinkedIn is becoming ever more important as a means of recruitment.
· Having a professional and up to date LinkedIn profile is very important to your career goals and personal brand.
· ELBA is partnering with Accenture employees to review your LinkedIn profiles and provide you with feedback on how to improve your profile to hit the ‘all star’ level.
Please email a link to your LinkedIn profile; adding the following subject field – ‘‘LinkedIn Surgery’’ to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn profile and include in your email :
Your Full Name, Mobile Number, Student ID number University Course and School.
Unfortunately, profiles submitted without this information will not be considered. The spaces will be given on a first come first served basis.