These events are suitable for all students regardless of where they are in their teacher training journey and aim to give both students and career changers all the information they need about ITT.
At a Train to Teach event, students can:
- attend a presentation on the different teacher training routes and funding available
- speak to teaching experts to receive one-to-one advice on their training options
- receive personalised advice on your UCAS application and personal statement from our experienced Teacher Training Advisers
- talk to practising teachers about life in the classroom
- meet representatives from the schools and universities that deliver teacher training in your region to find out about their courses and entry requirements
The events are taking place all over the country with full dates and locations available on our website here.
Candidates can register for an event on their website, or just turn up on the day.
Online events – running throughout the autumn term
Online teaching events are interactive sessions that offer a convenient way to engage directly with a panel of specialist Teacher Training Advisers across a range of topics. We hold one or two events a week, usually on a Monday evening or a Wednesday lunchtime. Candidates can get their questions answered within minutes – and see what matters to other potential trainee teachers too. All events are also archived afterwards so candidates can read through the transcripts at a later date as well. Some subjects coming up are:
- Teacher training options
- Support with your UCAS application
- Financial support for teacher training
- Gaining school experience
The online events can be accessed on their website here.
They are holding a student specific event ‘Advice for University Students’ on 18th November. Students can register for this event here.