The Taylor Bennett Foundation will be closing applications soon for their PR Training Programme (sponsored by HSBC UK). The programme is open to all Black, Asian and minority ethnic graduates and the deadline is Friday, April 15th.
Their spring 2022 programme will be 8-weeks long and will be combining practical workshops with regular writing and presenting tasks. The programme aims to provide extensive industry insight and allow the development of specific skills. Tasks on the programme include:
Strategic Communications workshops, including
- An introduction to financial communications
- Investor relations and media relations
- Public affairs
- Issues and crisis communications
- Employability sessions to help you plan your future in the communications industry
- Tailored English tuition session to boost your writing skills
- Presenting – presenting campaigns and research topics to a variety of audiences
- Writing tasks – including analysing and summarising data and reports as well as media summaries, press releases and blogs
- Masterclasses: weekly masterclasses take place with a variety of agencies and in-house communication’s teams
- Training courses via the CIPR and PRCA
With the masterclasses,they aim to have a range of agency and in-house hosts so the trainees have a clearer insight into what area of communications they will pursue. Masterclass hosts in the past have included Shell, Barclays Bank, Google, Battenhall, Netflix, Grayling and the Cabinet Office.
The traineeships are paid and also travel expenses are covered. For this cohort, they will be taking on eight graduates.
More details here