LinkedIn Learning is a platform where you can access thousands of online video tutorials and courses so you and your students can learn to use popular software packages like Microsoft and Adobe. It also features a whole host of professional development topics like leadership skills and time management.
Courses and tutorials can be embedded into Weblearn modules and organisations so students can access them alongside their learning materials.
The list of videos below is a small sample of training that’s available on LinkedIn Learning and it’s completely free for all London Met students and staff. Simply with your university details. eg:
Linkedin Learning: http://lil.londonmet.ac.uk
Sample tutorials (login required)
- Word 2019 Essential Training – full course (9 chapters)
Learn how to create, edit, format, and share documents.
- Use the Tell Me assistant (2m 29s)
The Tell Me assistant provides quick access to Word functions without needing to locate them on the ribbon
- Start page numbering later in a document (1m 12s)
Learn how to start your page numbering after the title and contents page
- Create and update a table of contents (7m 5s)
A table of contents can be automatically created by using headings
- PowerPoint 2019 Essential Training – full course (8 chapters)
Learn how to quickly create, edit, and share professional presentations
- Add text with text slides, boxes, and shapes (4m 49s)
Shapes and text can be added and styled to make your presentation design more interesting
- Remove the background from pictures (2m 9s)
You can use the Remove Background function to remove unwanted parts of your image
- Turn your presentation into a video (1m 6s)
Presentations created in Powerpoint can be save in MP4 format