On 22 June Weblelarn Assignments (not Turnitin) will transfer to Bb Annotate, the new inline grading tool provided by Blackboard. The transfer will take a few days to complete and you can continue to access and work on assignments during this period.
Annotate was created in partnership with institutions across the globe and it will replace the Box View grading tool. The new customisable feature set includes:
- Selection of document view settings
- Comments (similar to the Turnitin Bubble Comments)
- Annotation tools such as free hand drawing, shapes, highlighter pen, customisable stamps/images and text
- Content library of reusable comments
- Search feature
- Print or download annotated submissions
- Various colour selections, and more.
Frequently asked questions
All pre-existing annotations created through New Box View will be migrated and visible in Bb Annotate. The annotations may look slightly different but no information will be lost.
When you accesses an annotated file during the migration, it will take a little bit longer to load but will be displayed in the new Bb Annotate viewer.
If you are actively annotating a file using New Box View during the migration, the file will not migrate to Bb Annotate until you have completed that session. Upon loading the submission file again, it will display in the Bb Annotate viewer. You will be able to delete annotations as well as add new comments to any existing comment created using New Box View.