I attended a riveting discussion yesterday evening between Glenn Adamson, (Head of Postgraduate Studies & Deputy Head of Research at the V&A) and current exhibitors at the Marsden Woo Gallery – Carol McNicoll (ceramics), Jacqueline Poncelet (paintings), Sam Scott (furniture) and Maria Militsi (jewellery). This is one of a series of talks with Glenn Adamson, author of seminal books on craft and design. The gallery is in nearby Clerkenwell and the exhibition is on until 22 December. Previous talks are available as podcasts or transcriptions on the Marsden Woo website
Find the Glenn Adamson books (below) on the Library Catalogue
- Global design history, ed: Glenn Adamson, Giorgio Riello and Sarah Teasley.
- Postmodernism : style and subversion, 1970-1990, ed: Glenn Adamson & Jane Pavitt
- The craft reader, ed: Glenn Adamson.
- Signs and wonders : Edmund de Waal and the V and A Ceramics Galleries, Glenn Adamson, Alun Graves, Edmund de Waal.
- Thinking through craft, Glenn Adamson